What does the National Curriculum look like?
English, Maths & Science will be the building blocks
Curriculum + High quality teaching = High standards
and good progress
Greater rigour in Mathematics with a greater
emphasis on arithmetic
In Science there is a stronger focus on the emphasis
of scientific knowledge and language
English programmes of study will place greater
emphasis on the written word and spoken word.
ICT out - Computing in.
Food in DT
What does our curriculum look like?
English and Maths are to be given the highest priority
Science & Foundations subjects should teach essential knowledge with relevance and develop interest.
* Embed a sense of ambition and love of learning
* Prepare pupils for the opportunities,
responsibilities and experiences of future life
* Meet the needs of all our pupils
* Promote RE and SMSC development
* Give high priority to Creativity
* Allow children to lead their own learning
* Enhance learning through the Outdoors
* ICT & Computing