What does the National Curriculum look like?
English, Maths & Science will be the building blocks
Curriculum + High quality teaching = High standards
and good progress
Greater rigour in Mathematics with a greater
emphasis on arithmetic
In Science there is a stronger focus on the emphasis
of scientific knowledge and language
English programmes of study will place greater
emphasis on the written word and spoken word.
ICT out - Computing in.
Food in DT
What does our curriculum look like?
English and Maths are to be given the highest priority
Science & Foundations subjects should teach essential knowledge with relevance and develop interest.
We strive to provide a rich curriculum that engages ALL children in bespoke memorable learning experiences by offering
- Aspiration and Ambition for ALL
- A nurturing community that broadens life experiences
- Outdoor leaning opportunities that provide enjoyment, challenge and adventure and promote positive health and well-being
Our curriculum will develop children that
- Grow in confidence and initiate their own learning and realise their own skills
- Explore and become adaptable
- Show resilience and persistence
- Work as a team, develop problem solving, anticipation and decision making
By doing this they will develop an
“I Can” attitude.