What does the National Curriculum look like?
English, Maths and Science will be the building blocks
Curriculum + High quality teaching = High standards and good progress
Greater rigour in mathematics with a greater emphasis on arithmetic
In science, there is a stronger focus on the emphasis of scientific knowledge and language
English programmes of study will place greater emphasis on the written and spoken word
ICT out - Computing in
Food in DT
What does our curriculum look like?
English and Maths are to be given the highest priority
Science & Foundations subjects should teach essential knowledge with relevance and develop interest.
We strive to provide a rich curriculum that engages ALL children in bespoke memorable learning experiences by offering
- Aspiration and Ambition for ALL
- A nurturing community that broadens life experiences
- Outdoor learning opportunities that provide enjoyment, challenge and adventure and promote positive health and well-being
Our curriculum will develop children that
- Grow in confidence and initiate their own learning and realise their own skills
- Explore and become adaptable
- Show resilience and persistence
- Work as a team, develop problem solving, anticipation and decision making
By doing this they will develop an
“I Can” attitude.
Burfitts Road, Oakes, Huddersfield, HD3 4YL