Reinwood Infant & Nursery School

SEND Provision

Welcome to our SEND page. Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator in school is Ms Hoult 

Ms Hoult works closely with all adults in school in order to ensure that our children with additional needs are happy in school and making progress.

Reinwood Infant and Nursery School works alongside specialist outreach support providers where required, including Early Years SEN, Complex Communication and Interaction Team, SaLT, Specialist Speech and Language, Primary Pupil Referral Service and Occupational Therapists etc.

Developing emotional resilience underpins many aspects of school life. Therefore, we have Nurture practitioners in school, one of which is our Learning Mentor and she works with small groups and individuals. Our Learning Mentor assists class teachers to ensure that all our children have full access to the curriculum. She also helps to deliver specialised and targeted play activities to keep children focused and on target at play times and lunchtimes.

Kirklees SEND Local Offer

The Government has asked all Local Authorities in the UK to publish in one place, information about the services and provision they expect to be available in their area for children and young people from 0 to 25 who have Special educational Needs and / or a Disability (SEND).  This is known as the Local Offer.

To find out what support and services are available to you and your child in Kirklees, click HERE to see the Kirklees local offer.

Our School SEN Report

Click HERE to read our SEN and Disability Information report.

At Reinwood Infant and Nursery School we are committed to the equal inclusion of all pupils in all areas of school life.  We are committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible progress for all of our pupils whatever their needs and abilities.  The school seeks to raise achievement, remove barriers to learning and increase physical and curricular access to all.  All children with SEND are valued, respected and equal members of school.

SEND Policy

Please read our Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) policy for details of how we identify children who have SEN and how we assess, plan and review their needs.  Click HERE to read.

For further information about SEND in school please contact Ms Hoult.

Telephone: 01484 651103 


For further support please contact:









PCAN - Parents and Carers of Children with Additional Needs

PCAN are an independent, parent led forum in Kirklees for all parent / carers of children and young people with additional needs 0-25. No diagnosis is needed to join PCAN, parent’s instincts or concerns over their child’s wellbeing, behaviour or condition would be enough.

It’s absolutely free to join - click the link below to find out more information.


KIAS – Kirklees Information and Advice Service

KIAS is the Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) for Kirklees.  They provide free legally based, impartial, confidential and accessible information, advice and support for parents/carers of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities about education, health and social care. Contact details are below

0300 330 1504

Northorpe Hall (Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Support)

Northorpe Hall Child & Family Trust is an independent charity, working closely with NHS and Kirklees Council health and care services.  Their staff and volunteers provide essential services supporting the health and wellbeing of Kirklees children, young people and families.

Free workshops

Click HERE to view the details of free workshops that they are running.

Burfitts Road, Oakes, Huddersfield, HD3 4YL

01484 651103