Personal, Social and Health Education
At Reinwood Infant and Nursery School we believe that PSHE is at the centre of teaching and learning. PSHE (personal, social, health and economic) education gives pupils the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to manage their lives, now and in the future.
PSHE and RHE (relationships and health education) are taught together and are important at Reinwood Nursery & Infant School because they:
- Prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities, and experiences of adult life.
- Give pupils the knowledge they need to make informed decisions about their health and well-being.
- Support pupils’ skills to recognise positive, healthy, and respectful relationships.
- Help to safeguard pupils, so they can find and access help and support.
- Teach pupils’ tolerance, the importance of equality, and respect for diversity.
- Develop pupils’ self-respect and self-worth, confidence, and empathy.
Our PSHE lessons are planned and taught through Jigsaw – A Mindful Approach to PSHE. This programme of study is a suggested DfE resource and meets the statutory requirements outlined in Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex education (RSE) and Health Education statutory guidance (DfE,2019).
Jigsaw sets out learning opportunities for each year group under six units or “Puzzles” that are taught across school with the learning deepening and developing every year:.
More information about what is covered within each unit can be found using the following overview or you can speak to your child’s class teacher.
Children's thoughts on Jigsaw...
Burfitts Road, Oakes, Huddersfield, HD3 4YL