What do the children do at Sewing Club?
- Once we learnt to make a bookmark with different stitches.
- Another time we made butterflies.
- It is a fun club where we learn lots and talk about our day.
And what do we aim to teach the children?
- To design and make a butterfly, book mark or teddy
- How to do blanket stitch
- How to thread a needle
- To develop cutting skills
- How to start off and finish
- To develop fine motor-control
- To work carefully and have lots of fun
What do the children think of their Sewing Club?
"I like this club because I learnt how to blanket stitch."
"I like coming for a quiet time and a good chat - and I learn to sew too!"