What do the children do at Handbell Ringing?
- We listen to a piece of hand bell music.
- We learn something about hand bells and the way they are set out on a table - bass, tenor, treble.
- We also learn to ring the bell correctly and get a clear note from it.
- We practice ringing simple, familiar tunes from music written on staff notation.
And what do we aim to teach the children?
- How to ring hand bells in the ‘traditional Yorkshire’ way.
- To be able to play familiar tunes and have fun.
What do the children think of their Handbell Ringing?
"I like it a lot because I get to learn songs. I like the sound of the bells"
"I like learning different songs. The top bit of the bell is made out of metal and the bottom is made out of leather."