Policies & Priorities for Admission
In line with Kirklees Admissions Policy, children are admitted for full-time education as follows:
|Date of birth (inclusive)||Date of admission|
|1 September 2012 to 31 August 2013||September 2017|
The admission arrangements are correct at the time of printing but may be subject to any alterations to the authority admissions procedure. Prospective parents are welcome to visit the school. Please make an appointment with the administrator. The final date for registration for a school place is 15th January, 2016.
Places in community and controlled schools will be offered to children in the following order of priority:
- Children in public care (Looked After Children) or a child who has previously been looked after.
- Children who live in Reinwood Infant/ Junior School priority admission area who have an older brother or sister attending either school from the same address at the date of admission.
- Children living in the school's priority admission area.
- Children who live outside the priority area who have an older brother or sister attending either the Infant/ Junior School from the same address at the date of admission.
- Children who live outside the priority area.
Children will be admitted with a Statement of Special Educational Needs where the school is named on the statement.
We will admit children up to the published admission number (PAN). Parents are asked to complete an application form, available online.
Before children start at Reinwood Infant School parents will be invited to attend a preliminary meeting where information regarding the curriculum, school routines and administration will be given. Children will also be given the opportunity to meet their class teacher, prior to starting school.
The priorities for admission to Nursery are similar to those shown above, except that we treat in-area siblings and other in-area children as one group. Children from the priority admission area are admitted in birth date order. Children living outside the priority area are admitted in order of the distance from their home, measured in a straight line, taking the nearest first. We may give additional priority to children with special educational and social needs.
All school policies are available for perusal from the head teacher. We will endeavor to provide a policy in other languages upon request. All documents made available under the School Regulations are sited in the head teacher's office and can be viewed by arrangement with the head teacher.
Click HERE to view Our Admissions Policy.
Click HERE for a copy of our Nursery application form.
Click HERE to view the Kirklees admissions leaflet, including useful links and FAQs.
Click HERE to apply online at the Kirklees admissions site.